Thursday, September 16, 2010

More hours, more fun

I wish I had one more hour in the day so I could spend it relaxing and blogging. Though I think if i had one more hour I would spend it cleaning or something lol. Isn't that how it goes. Well things have just been so busy these last few days. Tuesday I babysat which i do not recommend. When it is your children you have a certain patience and love for them. When it is someone else's it's totally different I think lol. I was just about going crazy that day. Not to mention I also went running around after they left. I wanted to do something special for my husband. We have been getting along so well lately i want to try everything I can to keep it that way. It always seems like we get along so well and then we have a huge fight. So I spend that wonderful time we have almost holding my breathe waiting for the fight to come. It usually does, but probably because I am expecting it to happen to. Well this time I am just going to enjoy it. So anyways, I wanted to do something special and his grandma used to make crab cakes him and his family all loved around the holidays. She passed away earlier this year. I looked up how to make them online but there is such a variety. I decided to give it a go anyways. Well of course I buy everything make them and they are the wrong way. I never tried them because I don't like seafood. (except tuna fish sandwiches which is weird. Must be a childhood thing) Apparently she put it on english muffins almost as a spread and added like half a brick of velveeta cheese. I don't know why but I started crying lol. My husband felt bad he didn't really like them cause they tasted like fish and he hates that taste.I just wanted to be able to do something special for them cause i know it's going to be hard when the holidays come this year and she's not here. It will be the first year. He was touched though that I tried and that meant a lot to him. Yesterday I went out to lunch with my grandma and had a margarita. i think a margarita in the afternoons should be mandatory for mothers. lol. She also wanted to take my youngest with her and that was fine by me he loves going over there and they love him so much. Not to mention today I am supposed to be babysitting today if they ever come. She tells me 8 and here it is almost 9. I could have slept for at least another hour. haha oh well I got my blog time in and at least I made it productive did a load of dishes too. I suppose I'll get back to my sahm duties and clean a little more while my oldest is still sleeping and I have time to do these things. I'll try and get on later if they come and tell you how horrible babysitting is going lo.

12 comments:

This Wife Cooks said...

You had me at mandatory margaritas! :) I'm your newest follower!

Jinnia Low said...

How sweet that you put extra effort into doing something special for your husband - and he was touched :)

I'm your newest follower from MBC Simply Follow. Come visit me at http://jinnialow.com

Have a great day!
Jinnia

BirdyJenn said...

That was extremely sweet of you to try to make those crab cakes! Im sure that you made his day by doing that! :))
I'd go for mandatory margaritas. lol! I could probably use one now!
I hope you have an alright day with the babysitting ((if you end up babysitting))

Dianne_momstuff said...

Following you from MBC. Come and visit my blog http://mom-stuffcommunity.blogspot.com
Sarah you need to add .com to your blog URL on your MBC profile and also add the whole URL on your posts. It took some work to find you. You will get more followers if they can find you. Some people give up. Have a great day. Dianne

Sharina said...

Mandatory margaritas.....love it, enough said. LOL.

Yay! You got a button now, so I am going to add to my blog and I like the new background...see you're getting the hang of it :)

Kim Neyer said...

New follower from MBC

So just a tip from a graphic designer: if all your text is bold and italicized, it gives your entire post a sense of urgency and makes it a little hard to read... just a tad. :) My editor always says, "use bold and italics sparingly!" If you don't agree with me, I won't take offense, I promise! lol Nothing personal, just trying to help.

Love the birds in your background - so trendy and cute!

Kim
http://kimmama.com

Unknown said...

Hi,

I agree about the margaritas! Im your newest follower from Mom Blogger Club. Have a great weekend.

http://rwriterjourney.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I have found out that blogging certainly takes up a lot more time then I expected. I am working on trying to work out a way to divide up the time to be fair to everyone in the house.

I think that is so sweet what you did for your husband. Not everything turns out the way we envision, but it is the thought that counts. Keep practicing on cooking them and eventually you will be making them just like his grandmother.

I am your newest follower. Stop by Victoria's Voice and say hi sometime.

Vickie
victoriasvoice44.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

Another margarita fan who wishes I could get a free hour for myself and the computer!

New follower from MBC, I look forward to reading more!

Sharina said...

I have a blog award for you Sarah! Stop by my blog to pick it up :)

Unknown said...

lol great post!! (follwer from MBC) :)

Unknown said...

Hi
I am your newest follower from MBC. You have a great blog!
http://affordingcommoncents.blogspot.com